Job Vacancy: Sales Executive – Light Commercial Vehicles
Salary: Basic & Commission - OTE - £45K PA
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 45 per week plus 2 Saturdays per month
As an independent commercial vehicle supplier, David Spear Commercial Vehicles guarantees the best quality used, new and nearly new commercial vehicles anywhere in the UK. David Spear Commercial Vehicles prides itself on its bold and innovative ethos, and as a result is always looking for the new ideas that will push boundaries not just in its own industry but across the sectors that it serves.
Servicing clients across the M4 Corridor, Wales, South West England, the Midlands and the rest of the country, David Spear Commercial Vehicles has a national profile and is renowned for its high level of service across a multitude of national markets. In addition to being known for its specialist services - the David Spear team offer various services to support their extensive range of commercial vehicles, including finance, warranty and servicing, from its Heads of The Valleys based headquarters – David Spear has a reputation for delivering a caring and personalised approach to customer service and its response to each of its client’s individual needs is what sets the company apart from its competitors.
As a Sales Executive, you will report directly to the General Manager, and play a vital role in greeting and liaising with our customers. You will be the customer’s all-important first point of contact and in addition to discovering the type of vehicle that they require and recommending a make and model that is most fitting to their commercial requirements, you will show our customers around the forecourt, answer all of their queries confidently and relay the important features of each vehicle in our range.
Maintaining the highest standard of customer service is a prerequisite and as a Sales Executive you will devote your time to delivering this requirement. As part of your role you will also attend regular sales meetings with the rest of your team where strategies will be devised to enable you to meet your targets and company goals. Our Sales Executives must also maintain good communication with our workshop and valeting teams to ensure that a vehicle is ready for handover and all the relevant paperwork is completed.
Other duties include:
• Demonstrating vehicles to our customers – including details about its specification, payment terms and paperwork
• Providing information and selling finance, warranties, accessories and gap insurance in line with company targets
• Working with and managing the CRM system and prospect development system to create new and repeat business
• Keeping up to date with new products, features, accessories and associated benefits
• Liaising with the General Manager and Purchasing manager for vehicle appraisals on part exchange and adhering to the appropriate process.
The ideal candidate for this role must:
• Have at least 3 years’ sales and customer service experience, ideally within the automotive industry. This is an ideal but not essential requirement
• Be able to work alone or as part of a team
• Understand sales targets and be able to manage performance against set targets
• Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
• Have the practical and technical skills to fulfil the tasks detailed in ‘The Role’
• Have basic maths skills to calculate costs and handle payments
• Hold a full Driver’s Licence
• Be computer literate
• Have a reliable and honest attitude
• Have the ability to understand our sales process, from prospecting to the closing of business
• Have proven sales success in previous roles.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please post or email your application to Geraint Yeo, General Manager at David Spear Commercials, via Crown Business Park, Dukestown, Tredegar, Gwent, NP22 4EF or firstname.lastname@example.org